Tuesday, March 10, 2009

No Need To Cut Off My Wrists!

After many doctor, x-ray, and MRI appointments I finally got answers about why my left wrist hurts so much. I had this bump on my hand. Most of the doctors I was referred to thought that it was a cyst, but it is actually my bone (metacarpal boss). The tendons surround the bone and every time I sign or use my tendons in my hand it scrapes against this bone and causes irritation and wrist pain as well. So I got a shot of steroids in it today and we will see how it goes...if it works, then I will need to get surgery where they will shave the bone down. I really hope that this is what causes the pain and that the surgery works!

1 comment:

Jill said...

;(
feel better soon.

Mr. Snow and Mrs. Winter told me to tell you "hello" and that they miss you. Also their son
Ice E. Road said that you could stop over anytime.

:)