Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Not another splint! Ahhhh!



I have been having wrist issues. Now I am in Occupational Therapy and I wear a splint on my left wrist when I am not interpreting. On Sunday, Joel and I decided to throw the football around on the beach. I took off my splint and after about the fifteenth catch, I jammed my finger. The next day it was super swollen and I couldn't really move it. The good news is that it seems as though it's not broken even though it is common for fractures (mainly in the fingers and the hands) to show up later. The doctor still gave me a splint for my index finger on my left hand. Interpreting has been challenging...I am forced to sign with my right hand even though I am a lefty and I didn't realize til' now how often interpreters use their non-dominant hand. I am hoping this is the last splint that I will have to wear for a while :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Sarah I'm so sorry your hands have taken a beating. I hope you heal soon. Remember my Chiro will see you when you're here. Very Very soon!

Jill said...

You are a mess!

:D

feel better soon.