Thursday, August 28, 2008

Starting Over

It's funny! When I was in Minnesota, sometimes I felt like my life was going nowhere. I would find myself yearning for the opportunity to start my life over in a new place, with new people, and new experiences. Now that I am in that exact predicament, I realize that it's a lot more complicated. Starting over would be easier if I was guaranteed that my start in a new place would exceed where I ended in the old place.

Today I filled out all my paper work for my new job in Mississippi. When I accepted the job I wasn't told that I wouldn't get paid during breaks (which totaled is a month without pay), the benefits aren't as good, and worst of all I am not allowed to wear my nose ring :( I guess the problem is that I was super blessed in Minnesota with a wonderful job that paid well and had great benefits, not to mention a great group of ladies who I got to schmooze with every day. I am going to miss that a lot.

I think what I have learned most about this transition is that God has blessed me immensely and He continues to do it every day. Although the transition is hard I know that I made the right decision to come to Mississippi. I am blessed to be near the man I love, to live in a warm state, and to have a job (even if it's not as grand as CRHS). So Mississipii....here I come! :)

1 comment:

Jill said...

another chapter in your life's book complete ('sota) and another one just beginning. ('sippi)
I can't wait to hear about it.

we miss you here though!!!