Friday, August 8, 2008

Sarah's Last Few Weeks in a Nutshell...

Camp ended on a friday. That same day I drove to the airport to visit Joel-y-poo for five days. We spent most of the time beautifying his bachelor pad. I flew back to VA and got in at one in the morning. That same day I woke up and drove over seven hours through hectic east coast traffic to NY. Later that night at 11:30pm I picked up my two wonderful Minnesota friends. We jammed lots of fun stuff in four days. We went to WTC, the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, China Town, Little Italy, we saw Wicked on Broadway, went to Time Square, Rockefeller Center, we went wine tasting on Long Island, we went to Suck...I mean Sag Harbor, we went to the Today Show, the Museum of Modern Art, Central Park, Madison Square Park (waited in line for delicious burgers), Greenwhich Village, and Jones Beach. We didn't mess around. We had lots of fun and lots of memorable moments. I will elaborate more in later blogs! :)

I dropped my friends off at the airport in the morning...hung out with my NY friend for part of the day then went up to Connecticut. I started my job search. I already have a job offer in Mississippi and applied at an agency in NY and an educational interpreter position in NJ. I decided to officially resign from my job in MN. I just knew in my heart that it was time to move on. Sometimes even when it doesn't make sense you just know what is best for your own soul :)

The next day I saw my sister, her husband and four kids who I haven't seen in over a year. My sister and bro-in-law went away for a few days to celebrate their nine year anniversary and left us with the kids. Oh my good lord...kids are a lot of work...especially four of them!

Tonight Joel-y-poo will be flying in to visit...this is the weekend where he will meet most of the family! Should be fun and interesting. I am super worn out from all my travels...but it is so worth it.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

WOW you guys got a lot done in the few days they were there. I'm glad you have decided what to do, but you will be missed in Minn. I'll see you in Oct for our friends wedding. Take care!

Jill said...

hey.. how's your flailing tongue!
OooooHHHHHHH!
hee hee

Jill said...

hey- I want to see some pics on your blog. Get to it.