Thursday, June 19, 2008

East Coast Represent

I have officially been on the east coast for a week now. It is nice to be in a place where they call carbonated beverages soda...NOT POP, where people use the term shlep on a regular basis, and where I don't have to repeat my name a gazillion times or spell it out before people understand what my name is.

I am living with my aunt in an artsy fartsy town called Charlottesville, VA. I really like it here. My favorite place so far is my aunt's back porch that overlooks her garden. It's so peaceful and relaxing.

I started camp this week. It's great. I teach sign language three periods a day. I also help in other classes when I am not teaching. Right now I am helping out in a Claymation class. It's pretty cool to see how it's done! I feel pretty exhausted. The kids tire me out. Plus I don't think I totally recovered from my road trip here yet.

More to come...I am off to NC tomorrow to see the boyf and hang with his family.

1 comment:

Jill said...

another road trip-have agreat time seeing yor bro and j*.e.poo
:)