Thursday, June 19, 2008

My most recent Sarah-fication

Before my trip I went to Wal-Mart. I wanted to get one of those ice pack thingys that you put in a cooler to keep beverages and what not cold. For some reason I thought those (ice pack things) were called "dry ice". So I asked this employee (who had no teeth) where I could find dry ice. He said "I don't think we sell that here but I know a place in Columbia Heights where you can get some". I was thinking to my self...why the heck would I shlep all the way to CH to get an ice pack for a cooler. So I followed him and he asked some other lady where it might be. She kind of looked at me funny and said "we don't sell that here". I responded..."man...I thought Wal-Mart had everything!" I left without ever finding what I was looking for. The next day I was explaining to Jill that I couldn't find any dry ice and that was why the beverages were not cold. She started laughing and explained to me that scientists use it and apparently you can lose fingers if used incorrectly. Now that I know what it is, I wonder what that guy with no teeth uses dry ice for and how he knew where to get it.
Sarah-fication #1 It's called ice packs not dry ice...silly me.
Sarah-fication #2 Wal-Mart does have everything...that is safe and legal to use!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Hilarious!
I love it.

Unknown said...

This is a great Sarah-fication moment. But, there is one story the world is waiting to hear....hint.....owls......